- The #1 Beauty Cream for Wrinkles Will Shock You
- Finding Your Divine Beauty, an Excerpt
- VIDEO: How to Reduce Anxiety and NOT be a Hot Mess
- VIDEO: How to Look Beautiful
- Build a Mental State that Expects the Win
- How to Meditate: Dispel Myth and Start Meditating Today
- 4 Nervous Habits that You Can Break
- VIDEO: Want a Rock’in Body and Mind?
- The One Question You Should Ask Before You Say Yes to Comfort Food
- VIDEO: Emotions and Weather- Reveal Some Blue Sky
- VIDEO: GPS for Inner Peace?
- Women Be Vigilant About Your Self-Esteem
- VIDEO: Panic Attacks and How to Stop Them
- 5 Simple Steps to a Positive Body Image
- Did You Know the Secret to Great Skin is Reducing Your Stress?
- “You Are Brave and Strong” a Message to Remember When You Battle Cancer
- Build a Better Relationship by Listening
- Would You Talk to a 10 Year Old Like That?
- Why Anger is Your BFF
- 3 Ways to Develop Your Intuition Skills
We are given many opportunities each day, and for some of us every couple of hours, to ask ourselves, Will this food enhance my beautiful energy?
Foods we eat either nourish us, comfort us, or harm us. Or some combination thereof.
Considering we ALL probably want to be physically fit, you might be surprised with what I’m about to propose. Take a deep breath … I invite you to allow your body, mind and soul to hear what I am about to say. It’s okay to comfort yourself once in a while with food. It’s okay to eat a personal comfort food. Once we give ourselves permission, then we can consciously choose when to ENJOY a comfort food, such as macaroni and cheese or ice cream, and also how much of it we choose to eat. (Thereby receiving comfort, not a bellyache.)
[adsanity id=14282 align=alignnone /]
Or does this sound familiar? You’re tired, maybe your child woke you up several times last night. Or course, I have NOOO personal experience with this. (If you could see me, I’m rolling my eyes.) So, you’re tired. I don’t know about you, but this is when I desire comfort food. And you think, “I could go for ice cream. Creamy, coldness would be so yummy right now. Ahh.” Then Bam! You think, “Stop that! It’s the middle of the afternoon. Not a time for a treat. You’ve gotta look perfect tomorrow at your presentation. No, no, no, no, NO.”
You proceed to eat a bowl of cereal with skim milk. Followed by a banana with peanut butter. Next, just one spoonful of that forbidden ice cream, two spoonfuls, three spoonfuls … the ENTIRE pint.
Hello Mindless eating!
Here is where the gentle question would have come in handy. (Okay, okay … I may have been talking about myself.) Will this food enhance my beautiful energy? It could have gone like this, “I want a creamy, cold treat. Will this food enhance my beautiful energy? Would that serve me now? Actually it would. I’ll scoop some in a bowl. Take it on the porch and enjoy it.” In the second example, I consciously decided to savor the treat, knowing I was comforting myself instead of mindlessly scarfing down the ice cream.
Subsequently, there are times when the question, Will this treat enhance my beautiful energy? reveals a “Nope.”
Does this, right here and right now, lead me to good feeling food choices? Every moment is different. You know what is best for you! If not, read my last article about fit thoughts and fit actions for a rock’in body.
We can never be too kind to ourselves. Believe me, nurturing food choices become easier and easier to make the kinder we are to ourselves.
Much love and light, Susan