- He Just Came Out to Me, Now What?
- Giving the Gift of “No”
- I Blinked and Became One of Them!
- Lawd, Have Mercy, the Kids are Divorcing
- Are You Too Busy to Visit a Friend?
- What We Can Learn from those Aggravating Ants
- If You Don’t Have One, Go Out and Get One!
- Betrayal, Unforgiveness and You
- “You… Sooo SKINNY!”
- Racism: The Conversation that is No Longer Optional
- The Lost Art of Oral History
- Where Did All My Money Go?
- Getting Back Into the Dating Game
- Parenting Adult Children. Not.
The saddest thing about betrayal is that is never comes from your enemies.
This is a powerful statement.
I think that I am a kind, loving and fair person, but I, too, have been fileted on more than one occasion, and it can hurt. Having established that, now what do you do?
You can roll on the ground, have your pity party and end up running in place.
You want to get even. You have those conversations in your head with those people that are never actually delivered in person and for what? Sometimes we have a need to want to “get even” and not let that person get the best of us. However, often that person has simply gone on with their lives, not giving you a second thought.
Few people start out with a goal to hurt someone.
They may be acting out pain that may or may not be associated with your relationship, and you are clueless. They say that not forgiving a person is a lot like drinking poison and hoping that the other person will die. It’s pointless.
Now I am all for holding a grudge and getting mad but put an expiration date on it!
I try to live my life with the motto:
“If today was the last day of my life… (spoiler alert… it might be) …would I hold on to all this anger and keep that perineal knot in my stomach?”
The simple answer is I WILL NOT!
Give yourself a break and like the song in the movie “Frozen” says … LET IT GO!