- FC: Low Carb Challenge – Week 1
- Low Carb Challenge: Week 2 – Getting Started
- Low Carb Challenge: Week 3 – Favorite Things
- Low Carb Challenge: Week 4 – Screwing Up
- FC Low Carb Challenge: Week 5 – I Want Candy!
- FC Low Carb Challenge: Week 6 – Taking Care of YOU!
- FC Low Carb Challenge: Week 7 – You can do it!
- FC Low Carb Challenge: Week 8 – Wine, Beer, Tequila? Definitely!
- FC Low Carb Challenge: Week 9 – Carb Creep
- FC Low Carb Challenge: Week 10 – Hollywood Eats Low Carb, You Can Too.
- FC Low Carb Challenge: Week 11 – You Did It!
The Feminine Collective Low Carb Challenge is more than half way through. We have learned about eating healthy, finding hidden sugars and feeling good about ourselves, no matter what our sizes. This challenge isn’t so much about losing weight, as it is about feeling good in our skin. So this week I thought I would share a few updates from our FC Low Carb team.
Some of our team members have been with us since the beginning of summer, others just a few weeks. We are all at different stages, but a few wanted to share with you how they are doing. I know many of you are following along at home and can relate to what they are saying. Weight loss is very personal; I want to thank our members for sharing their thoughts and feelings about going low carb.
- JAN – down 24.4 pounds: After great success with low carbing several years ago, I re-started with this summer group on June 1st. So far I have lost 24.4 pounds. I have a lot of weight to lose, and I retain water very easily … especially in this Georgia heat and humidity. I have had a great summer so far. We attended an outdoor concert on July 4th with lots of food trucks. I purchased a grilled polish sausage with onions & peppers and a diet coke. No problem! I also made sugar-free peanut butter cookies and brought them for my snack. I think having low carb alternatives helps to keep me on track. My favorite low carb foods: mashed cauliflower, sausage quiche, sugar-free cheesecake, spaghetti squash, and anything made with heavy whipping cream! I enjoy being a part of a low carb group … accountability is key!
- SHARRON – down 11 pounds: I have been on the low carb lifestyle for 32 days, and I have lost 11 lbs. Needless to say, it has been a challenge. With all the summer parties and dinners out, I have had to pass up some of my favorites foods along the way. I keep telling myself, “I’ll get to eat it again someday in moderation,” but I know to get to where I want to be, I have to give them up. I also have to give this more time, so I’ll keep on it and see where I end up.
- DONNA – down 82 pounds (5 since summer): I have found that this group helps me stay motivated and accountable. I have moved down another whole size, and that is very exciting to me! I’ve gone from a size 22 to a size 10!
- JOANN – down 15 pounds: It took me about a month to commit, but I’ve been solid for the last couple of weeks. I’m down about 15 lbs. I’ve been cooking a lot more, so there’s the bonus of saving money in addition to knowing what’s going into my body. Working out has also been a major part of my routine. I don’t believe you can truly lead a healthy lifestyle without being active. While I haven’t lost weight at the rate I’ve wanted to, I think if I keep at it, eventually I’ll get there. In the meantime, I’ll continue to take this life change one day at a time, gradually making smarter choices.
- SAMANTHA – down 40 pounds: I’ve been on the LC lifestyle since January, working hard for the first five months, but have had far too many “cheat days” around my birthday. Now I’m struggling to get back on track!! I’ve lost a total of 40 lbs and am so thankful that that weight is gone and seems to not be coming back “yet” even with my recent stupid choices!! So proud of everyone in this group for pushing through the rough times and not quitting!!
- ABIGAIL – down 11 pounds: I think I’ve been on the program about five weeks and have lost 11 lbs. However, that weight loss was in the first few weeks. I have been hanging at the 160 mark, but I have gotten away from tracking every carb. Now I am back to scrutinizing what I eat, to make sure I’m not off track even though I know my choices are healthy. I feel better and haven’t had any bloating since I started. I still wish I could eat more fruit.
- TIFF – down 22 pounds: Started with the group weighing 240, now down to 218 and have been stuck at that number for a few weeks now. It was mostly my fault since my carb tracking has gone bonkers with all the festivities during the summer, family visits. (I have no support for these shenanigans … they call it! My family never misses any meals, and they eat ridiculously.) But that is NO EXCUSE! I need to get my head in the game, again! My old beautician used to prance around saying “no pain, no gain.” Time to go hardcore again and hit 199, which was my initial goal!
- CAROL – down 12 pounds: I appreciate the support among our group members! I did well on this lifestyle two years ago and lost around 25 pounds before my daughter’s graduation from college but started wavering off the course! This past winter I became addicted to ‘candy’ and gained 10 pounds back! Yikes! So come summer, a friend suggested I be part of this group. I love to walk but need to step up on my exercise to change my metabolism. Plus being in my 60’s has stonewalled my weight loss. 12 pounds is all I have managed, but I’m happy with this. My clothes are looser; I’m able to wear some shorts that were difficult to zip earlier this summer! My stomach is much calmer without all the processed foods and sugar! I just want to be healthy!
- TRIXIE – down 18 pounds: I’ve lost around 18 lbs. Wish it was more but 18 pounds is not too shabby. I am off all sugar and artificial sweeteners. I miss diet soda a lot, plus I miss movie popcorn and ice cream, but I don’t miss awful cravings!!
- MARILYN – down 10 pounds: Well, I’m down 10 lbs — I let my vacation take over! However, I have regrouped and back on my game. Ready to get back down to my goal weight. Thank you, Ladies, for being my inspiration and my cheerleaders. I love being part of this group. It helps to have someone to do this with.
- JUDITH – down 12 pounds: I have leveled off at a loss of 12 pounds, but have been busy moving so my focus has been lost. Now traveling for the next two weeks, so this will be a challenge.
- SHAWN – down 6 pounds: I’ve been doing well considering my blood sugar has decided to go wonky on me. While it has made it difficult to see much loss, I have been able to see 6 of the 20 in my goal gone away. I’m pretty happy with that. My numbers in my blood work should be looking pretty good again, as well. I’m glad I joined this challenge because even though I would be considered a seasoned low carber, you tend to relax a bit and before you know it carbs are creeping in unnoticed. It’s like having a refresher course with excellent support.
- MAGGIE – down 2 pounds: I’ve lost 2 pounds and feel better, also clothes are fitting better. I’m finding more and more recipes to curb boredom. Hubby is doing well too! Going to visit family in Florida July 29 – Aug 9, and I’m taking some of my food with me! Going to be prepared!
So are you ready to join us on our low carb adventure? It’s never too late! Just follow the few easy steps below and you can be on your way.
- STEP ONE: I can’t recommend highly enough that you pick up a copy of the low carb plan we’re using. It’s entitled, Fat to Skinny by author Doug Varrieur. It’s a quick read but will make the new low carb lifestyle really come to life for you.
- STEP TWO: Clean out your pantry. You will go through sugar withdrawals your first week or two. Much like a smoker trying to quit smoking, it’s easier when the sugary, bad foods aren’t around for you to eat. Throw it all out, give it to friends or donate it to food banks … whatever you need to do to get it out of the house.
- STEP THREE: Take a full body selfie, the tighter the clothes the better. This is for you, to show your progress. Month by month take a new photo, and you can document your weight-loss. It’s a great way to look back and see all the progress you’ve made.
- STEP FOUR: Start losing weight! We are here with you. You can contact me through Feminine Collective at [email protected] or on Twitter @femininecollect. Share your progress with me, and I might even include it in our weekly challenge updates.
What are you waiting for? Take control and change your tomorrow … today.
Week 1 – The Rules
Week 2 – Getting Started
Week 3 – Favorite Things
Week 4 – Screwing Up
Week 5 – I Want Candy
Week 6 – Taking Care of You
Week 7 – You Can Do It!
Week 8 – Wine, Beer, Tequila? Definitely!
Week 9 – Carb Creep
Week 10 – Hollywood Eats Low Carb. You Can Too!
Week 11 – Wow! You Did it!