- Makeup Lesson: Tips to Achieve Your Best Look
- How to Create the Best Smoky Eye Ever: No Exaggeration
- Bronzers, Birthdays and Makeup Party Tricks
- Skin Deep: Best Products to Clean, Protect and Hydrate Your Face
- 9 Skincare Products that REALLY WORK from a Celebrity Makeup Artist who KNOWS
- Beauty Rules for All Ages: 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s
- How to Get the Natural Makeup Look
- Party Mouth: Are Your Lips Ready for the Holidays?
- Under Eye Issues: Concealer to the Rescue
- 50 Shades of Wrong: How to Find the Best Foundation
- Celebrity Makeup Artist Tips on How to Look Better Right Now
- Promiscuity and Mascara
- 4 Makeup Must-Haves When You Travel
- We Need to Talk About Your Eyeliner
- Brow Raiser
There are some look-at-me trends going on with eyeliner. Whether you’re into bold strokes or more comfortable walking on the edge of a trend, I have something for you.
The new liners and the looks that are shown using them are pretty extreme, but don’t let that scare you.
Here’s how to make the best of what’s out there work for you.
CoverGirl Intensify Me! Liquid Liner has a paddle-shaped tip that allows you to choose between a thin or a thick line depending on the side you use. The design does the work for you. It’s jet black, glides on and stays put.
The only liquid eyeliner I’ve purchased more than once is “Pretty Easy” by Clinique. It doesn’t dry out and wears beautifully.
Use this brilliant, little brush for the perfect, lash-hugging line: Makeup Geek Bent Liner Brush. Imagine a line from the corner of your nose to the outer corner of your eye. Follow that line and sweep your liner out and up toward your temple for an open, uplifted look.
So, your left eye looks like an expert did it and your right eye looks like your dog did it. Now what? Plan B. Start blending and turn it into this THE BEST SMOKY EYE EVER!
Here’s a makeup artist’s favorite trick:
Instead of lining the upper lash line on top, go underneath. By going in from the bottom, you fill in the spaces between each lash. Nothing gives more intensity and a fuller looking lash without the heaviness of a line. Keep the waterline clean. This prevents transfer to your lower lashes (and beyond).
You can use a brush with gel liner or a pencil. Angle your brush or pencil upward to reach the inside of your upper lash line. Press the product into your lashes. If using a brush, this is what you need: Laura Mercier Flat Eye Liner Brush.
You’ve got to try this: Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Eye Pencil in Street. Make it modern by wearing this deep green on your upper and lower waterline. It will enhance your eye color without overpowering it.
Rich colors and waterproof formulas are fantastic until it’s time to remove them. You’re definitely going to need these: Neutrogena Ultra-Soft Eye Makeup Remover Pads. They really are ultra-soft, they smell great and they work.
Adapt the trends to your comfort level (well, maybe a bit beyond) and you just might find that nothing has ever felt so right.