- He Just Came Out to Me, Now What?
- Giving the Gift of “No”
- I Blinked and Became One of Them!
- Lawd, Have Mercy, the Kids are Divorcing
- Are You Too Busy to Visit a Friend?
- What We Can Learn from those Aggravating Ants
- If You Don’t Have One, Go Out and Get One!
- Betrayal, Unforgiveness and You
- “You… Sooo SKINNY!”
- Racism: The Conversation that is No Longer Optional
- The Lost Art of Oral History
- Where Did All My Money Go?
- Getting Back Into the Dating Game
- Parenting Adult Children. Not.
- Asking for HELP
- The Legacy of the Recipe
- A Gift for Your Family
- The Benefits of Traveling with Your Grandchildren
- Finding the Right Travel Partner
Well, you work all these years and now are able to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
You have a nice budget, but somehow at the end of the month, you are scratching your head wondering where did all that money go? Mmmmm?
I have a budget…I have expendable income, but for the life of me, I normally can’t tell you what I did with it.
Sure, we pay the essentials, mortgage/rent, utilities, and food.
”Where is the rest of it?” There is definite money “leakage”. Ten dollars, here, five dollars there and before you know it…PUFF!! It is gone.
A tactic I use is to keep a spending journal. It does not have to be a fancy journal, but just something small that you can log EVERY dime that you spend. Try this for a month and you will be shocked about how you spend your money.
It makes you stop and think before you spend.
Another way that we throw away money is how we shop for food. We shop for food on a regular basis and just stuff more food into the freezer. The net result is a freezer full of “mystery” meat.
Recently, I have been just making freezer meals. I use what is in the freezer and in my cupboards and then get creative. I was shocked to find out that I had expired foodstuffs on hand and had to toss them out. Just eating “freezer” meals alone will save you a lot of money!
You can stop this money leakage and end up with some creative meals!