So your laundry list of goals is set! It only contains 17 goals, each with a subset for clarification and perfection assurance. Looks something like this:
- Lose 11 pounds. a) tighten up stomach b) maintain booty-licious
- Write epic novel. a) 10 pages per day, 12 font, single-spaced b) edit week’s work on weekends
- Meet perfect partner. a) get married b) get knocked up c) look radiant through all for pictures’ sake
Insanity hits when the first month brings 33 missteps in the goals, 4 pounds lost (all in the ass) and a third date culminating with him admitting he is actually married (unhappily, no sex, in it for his 4 children).
Did I hear, “Ugh, tell me there is a better way.” Yes, yes there is. And you are going to like it!
Back up, slow down, stop overwhelming yourself with a list of goals that will leave you feeling like a failure, etch stress lines on your forehead, and dump any self-esteem you have left in the toilet. The pressure we put on ourselves eventually makes us blow or blow it. And definitely is NOT good for our energy.
Goals set in peace (which we acquire from getting quiet), purpose (which we get from listening to ourselves), and joy (which we obtain from frick’in slowing down for 5 frick’in minutes) are the way to go!
• Short, sweet, positive!
• Consider them like mantras for your 2015.
• Create NO more than three.
Now you are ready to reveal your beauty-filled goals. Sit. Have paper and pen ready. Relax for five frick’in minutes. Follow along with me in the video.
How did that work? What are some of your goals now? Love, Susan