What’s your undertone? Cool, neutral, warm? Do you know how to tell? Do you care? If you’re looking for a foundation it’s important.
Finding the right one can be a work out, to say the least.
Here’s what you’re up against:
- Your foundation should be imperceptible on your skin. That means the color has to be a perfect match.
- The texture has to work with your skin type. Matte? Demi-matte? Dewy?
- Sephora alone has roughly 1,500 different foundations to choose from.
- That perfect match you found in June is no longer perfect in October.
Here’s why you should consider finding the best foundation:
- Beautiful skin is, well, beautiful. The right foundation can make your skin look smooth, even and radiant.
- When you have that perfect match, applying it is easy. It becomes one with your skin, so you can use it only where you need it. Less makeup always looks better.
- New formulas have the added benefit of high quality skin care. Your skin not only looks better, it is.
Here’s what you can do:
1. Matchmaker app by L’Oreal True Match is a bit tricky. I followed the prompts and then clicked on my “celebrity match” – Jennifer Lopez popped up. As much as I’d like to have J-Lo’s skin tone, I don’t. I’m no longer wondering why the “try again” option is so prominent on the page that also lists “my true match.”
So I made my friend try it. I asked her if she had ever thought about the undertone of her skin. She rolled her eyes and said, “Just show me which one to buy.” That’s the beauty of the app; it brings your attention to the differences in undertones, which brings you closer to finding yours.
The bottom line on L’Oreal’s True Match foundation and app: The formula is great. The price is right. If you’ve got the patience, it’s worth the trouble.
2. The Sephora + Pantone Color IQ system takes it up a notch. A beauty adviser uses a device to take photos of your skin, which are used to determine your skin tone. That number is entered into the system and every shade that matches you appears on an iPad, in two minutes. And it’s free. Your adviser will help you select the formula that’s best for you.
The search is over …
Forget foundation phobia! The chances of finding your perfect match have never been better. It’s out there.
Go get it.